Central Library Rules-
A. General Rules-
1. Library Card is compulsory for access in the Library.
2. Every student is entitled to get one library card for borrowing books from the Library.
3. Library Cards are non-transferable.
4. If the Library Card is lost by a member, He/She shall make a writing report to the Librarian & request for a duplicate.
5. A duplicate Library card will be issued to the member on payment of a fine of Rs. 50/-
6. Eating, sleeping, talking loudly, chewing or smoking is strictly prohibited in the Library.
7. Briefcases, bags, umbrellas, lunch boxes and other personal belongings must be deposited at the entrance library property counter.
8. No waste paper shall be thrown on the floor of the Library.
9. Maintain silence in the Library & keep mobile phones on silent mode.
10. Group discussion is not permitted inside the Library.
11. The Library is not responsible for the patron’s personal property.
12. Students/Readers should keep their bags and belongings strictly in the space provided for the same.
13. The Students/Reader must not argue with the Librarian and other Library staff in any case and should behave decently.
14. Enter your name and sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering the Library.
15. Eating Food is completely prohibited in the Library and outside of Library premises.
16. The study room will remain open from 09.00 AM to 09.00 PM on all working days.
17. All Library Members should strictly follow the rules and regulations given by the Library Committee from time to time.
18. If any suggestion for developing library services Student/Readers are free to talk with Librarian and Library staff.
B. Circulation Rules -
1. Books will be issued between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all working days.
2. Only one book will be issued at one time for a period of 7 days.
3. The issued books must be returned within stipulated time, for use beyond that, it must be re-issued for the next respective time period.
4. An issued book must be returned within 7 days. If the book is not returned on the due date then a fine of Rs 2/- per day (Including Saturday Sunday & holidays) will be charged for the 7 days of delay.
5. The issued book must be handled with care without causing any damage to it. The use of pens, markers or pencils for making notes, underlined anywhere on the pages is strictly prohibited. If any damage to the book is found, an appropriate fine will be charged.
6. In case a book is lost, the reader must submit a new copy of the same Edition/Publication book within 10 days. If a book is out of print a fine suggested by an appropriate authority will be charged.
7. The Student/Readers must ensure that the book is in good condition before getting it issued.
8. If a Student/Readers is found taking any book without its registration, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
9. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the Library, If found disciplinary action will be taken from higher authority.
10. No Library material can be taken out of the library without permission of Librarian.
11. Book issue-return remains closed during all Government Holidays.
The following materials can only be used within the Library
1. Reference books
3. Journals & magazines
4. Audio-Visual Material